Monday, June 13, 2011

Lots to do!

It's almost here.....so close, within reach, only three more days!!!!   SUMMER VACATION for my kiddos!

I am holding off on calling it summer vacation until Mason is out of school, then it's official.  Some of you already are on your vacation and some are getting closer like us.   So......what's that mean?!  A bunch more grey hairs!!

A "to do" list.  A Summer To Do List!!



 I sat down with the kids and asked them what kind of things they wanted to do this summer.  I told them it could be ANYTHING!   I figured the crazier the better, make us work for all our fun.   I was pretty surprised at their requests, all seemed reasonable.  So beginning on Wednesday we will begin marking them off. 

Want to make your own??  Head over to Eighteen25.   They have four different colored backgrounds to create your own list.  I scaled mine down to a much smaller version.   Picked up this frame {had three 4x6 openings}, sprayed it white, sized up my paper, print, cut and stick it in the frame.  So simple.   With the glass on top of the printed paper, you can use a dry erase marker to write out your list and mark everything off.
I decided to print our list on the paper before placing it in the frame.   I know my kids, and they would have erased half the list and then this "plan" would not have worked!

{sorry for the glare}

There are many variations of this project, you can find on lots of different blogs.  You could create your own with scrapbook paper, a drawing from the kids, anything!

The kids are very excited to start their list, and I am excited that they don't want think they are just going to watch TV all day long.   




Eighteen25 offers so many great ideas and projects. Be sure to check them out!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jan said...

This is great! I hope you enjoy all your fun summer activities. Thanks for the link too. I am off to check out their site.

L.B. said...

what a supr fun idea...so doing this tomorrow with my daughter!!