Monday, June 6, 2011

My Preschool Graduate!

Yesterday was my day to post on SweetSassyDiva. Our assignment was to make a "Graduation" project, and while I do not have any High School or College Grads, I do have one cute little PreSchool Grad!!    I am so excited for her to be entering Elementary School next year, she has been so ready for it!


Here, all my supplies are gathered.




A2 card cut and scored to size from Recollections Ice Cream Social
Yellow cardstock from scraps cut {4" x 5.25"}
Patterned Paper was printed and cut using my Imagine. {2" x 5"} and Hopscotch Cartridge
Because I wanted the print size to be smaller, I filled a 5.5" square with this print, rather than the full page.
Kraft cardstock {1.75" x 5"}
Yellow satin ribbon
Inchworm cut from Create A Critter {3.25"} and filled with Hopscotch Cartridge
I cut the base layer and the 2nd feature layer only
I added brown behind the head only, so that the body holes would still be open.
Cap was cut from Everyday Paper Dolls {3.75"} and filled with Hopscotch Cartridge



Here we are all put together!

I decided to emboss the kraft paper using the New Arrival embossing folder with my Cuttlebug.
I layered all my mats, and wrapped my ribbon around before adhering it to the pink card.
Added buttons, made a bakers twine tassel, and stamped with TPC sentiment




I inked all my edges of the inchworm, and popped him up for some fun dimension.
I love that this cap already had a slit in the cut, his little antenna fit right in perfectly!




The blank white inside needed some color, so I added a strip of the letters cut from the Hopscotch printed paper.









7 comments:

Pat N. said...

So sweet! And simple too.

Carrie K said...

Very cute! I love how the antanae stick up through the hat!!

scrapperbecka said...

Adorable card Liza

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

That inchworm cut is so adorable!!! Love the colors in your card.

Anonymous said...

Such a CUTE card!!! :-)

scrapaholicjen said...

This is adorable! Love that alphabet pattern and the worm is too cute!

greenbean said...

could this card be any cuter?...because i don't think i can!...