Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's that time of the year....

Birthday Season!!  While I have all year long to work on things and come up with new ideas, I usually wait til the week before.  Hahahahha!   I'm not always using my time wisely.  Madeline's birthday is next weekend.  I can not believe my baby is going to be 3!  When Mason turned 3, Emily had come the month before. So, to have a 3 year old, without anymore babies....wow..a little sad I have to say.


While I am not completely finished with everything, I thought I would share some of the things I've been working on.   She is a little unsure of what is what.  She tells me she wants to be a princess, then in the next breath says she's a ballerina.  So stick them together and we have pink frilly princessy ballerinas!



These will be part of her centerpieces on her tables

I cut this dress form from Nifty Fifties {7.5"}
I sewed together tome tulle to add to the dress and wrapped a satin ribbon around the waist
This was done before I added the shadow layer to it to help hold everything together


Here is a pic of some of her birthday banner.  I threw it on some ribbon to take a picture and it started raining.   On another nice day {haha, whenever that will be} I will get a better picture of the entire thing.




Some of these papers were printed from my Imagine
This was only the second time I've ever used this machine.  Very first time I printed my own papersThe banners were cut from Birthday Bash {7"}
I sewed up some ruffled crepe paper
I put my sewing machine on a long stitch {5} and a tight tension {6} and it ruffles it right up!I added a 2" circle on top
Letters from Nursery Rhymes {3.25"}


Thanks for stopping by!  I will be spending every waking moment working on things for her party, my next party will be in July!  Not much time in between.  Hope you all have a great day!! OOh, and today is Hello Thursday.....Check out Cricut.com or the Hello Thursday girls from featured projects.




Photobucket

7 comments:

Sonya said...

Those dresses are super cute! Great job!! My baby will be 8 this fall, doesn't seem possible!!!

Jenna said...

LOVE!!! great job!

L.B. said...

Oh i love these invites...i am going to scraplift the idea for my daughter's dress up page

Anonymous said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!! :-)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

I absolutely love the tulle and the ribbon! Great job!

Georgiana said...

Wow! These are neat projects. I love the tulle addition and your banner is great!

Dr Sonia S V said...

So lovely this is. Yes I know its human nature to leave things till the last moment. I sat up till 2 in the night making decorations the night before my daughters Bday!