Thursday, February 10, 2011

a lil' love note

My days of Valentine's day cards are coming to an end.  Have you started yours yet??  I have been procrastinating finishing up Mason's school valentines, can ya tell! {HA!}  I am going to finish out the week with a post on his valentines.  That should tell you that he didn't make easy on me with his requests.  Love that boy!

While on the CricutMB I came across a new blog that is starting, Use It Tuesday.   It's a reminder to use the things you buy and then just nicely set them down and forget about them.  I decided to start right away and look around for things I just don't use.  




So what were those thing I don't use all that much???   Martha Stewart Score Board and Stickles.


I have a quite strong love for kraft paper.  Anything kraft makes me smile.  It just reminds me of being simple.  Santa brought all his presents in kraft paper this past year {I was so proud of him!}

So for this card I layered up the kraft paper.  This is a 4.5" square card.
Pink solid cardstock DCWV and patterned paper from the Target $1 Spot.
Inked edges, cotton twine, and sentiment from Studio G clear stamps.

I used the MS score board to make my envelope {3" square, scored diagonally at 1" on two sides and 1.25" on other two}
My LIPS were cut from LOVE STRUCK.  I first cut them at 1" and used the hid contour feature.  Then I cut them again at 1.25" as the normal cut.  I used my BIC markers to outline them and popped them up off the smaller cut.   Added some Stickles to give them a little glossy look to them.





Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are getting your Valentine's Day plans all in order and lovin' up with all your special people!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Great project--aren't those lips just a fun cut to use!

Melonknee1@yahoo.com said...

very nice!