Monday, November 29, 2010

Handmade Holiday - Part 1

Tis' the Season!!

I have decided that the store bought ornaments will not be put on our tree this year. With all the advantages I have, with my Cricut, I want my kids to really love their tree this year and be a part of all of it. They are very excited about this, it's really changing their mind about what Christmas is all about. I started an advent calendar for them, which they will begin on Dec 1st. I have loaded the days up with activities to keep us all together to enjoy the season. I have plans to blog on each of their days........

As always we put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. My husband always has to work and loves to come home with it all finished. (I think he just wants to get out of doing it)

We never use a star, they never seem to stay up. They are always too heavy. However my 2 yr old said I was SO MEAN to not have a star.....so a STAR I MADE!



Used Plantin Schoolbook (Shadow, 9.25") on brown Bazzil and then cut it again (NO SHADOW, 8.25") from patterned flocked paper. {I have wrapping paper that is red with white dots!!}

And as you can see above we made our garland this year.



1", 1.25" and 1.75" circles cut using Auto Fill. Then we just alternated them through the sewing machine to create our garland.


The picture isn't the best, it looks ADORABLE on the tree!



Keep coming back to check out more of our handmade Henderson holiday.....



No comments: