Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Treats

Mason had his last day of school {Easter break} yesterday, so his class celebrated.   His teacher filled tons and tons of plastic eggs and some parents hid them out in the field behind the school.   It was a bit windy, but does that stop a kid going after candy?!  NO!

We wanted to send everyone off on their breaks with a treat too, so Mason {yes, I made him work} and I made these for his classmates and teachers



How cute are these!! 

These were fairly quick to make. 
I used a variety of orange papers I had in the stash {TPC, AC, Core'dinations}
This box is from the Life's A Party cartridge
I used my Gypsy so that I could use the hide contour feature and get rid of the score dashes.
Cut {6.75"} three per page
Scored, folded, used Red Tape to seal them shut.
I used some Tim Holtz distress ink for all four edges
Before I closed the tops, I added my ribbon so that the kids didn't have to untie it.   I cut two pieces of grosgrain ribbon {4"} and an 8" piece of hemp.
Used the hemp to tie down the green, then used a paint brush end to curl the hemp




For the labels, I used my computer to type this up
{font : wish i were taller}

After I had it all laid out, I used my SU! scallop oval punch to cut them out
3D foam on the back to make them stand out a little




Fresh picked made carrots!


I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend.
{in case I don't survive the day with all the kids home!}





Photobucket

7 comments:

Jenna said...

very cool! Hope you and your family have a great Easter!!

Sonya said...

Those are super cute!!! Easter blessings to you and your family.

dsood said...

Looks great, I bet all his friend were trilled to get a special treat.

Cricut for Beginners said...

Holy cow!!! I love these carrots!

Pat N. said...

Adorable, what a great job!--Pat N.

A splash here and there said...

Very adorable! I'll have to scraplift this idea for next Easter! TFS!

Scrapper69 said...

These are just tooooo CUTE! I'm sure the kids LOVE getting them! :O)
Theresa