Friday, March 18, 2011

♥ EP

Echo Park that is!!!  I just recently got some new Echo Park papers and they are having a contest on their Facebook page. Perfect!!  Of course you have to get the courage up to actually CUT that gorgeous paper.



There are a lot of colorful prints in this collection, but I decided to take a different approach. 

This is a 5.5" square card cut from a 8.5x11" cardstock {cut at 5.5" and score at 5.5"}
I cut a mat from Kraft {7.75"} and another {7.5"} I wanted to add depth to the kraft papers.  The bottom layer is inked with brown and the top inked with a pale pink
Top kraft mat was zigzag stitched with my sewing machine to create a border
I used TPC for the brown squares {2.25"} then the ECHO PARK blue {2"} on top x4
Laid them out, which now looks like a window, and adhered with my ATG




Cricut cut is from "Just Because" Cards. {4"....keep reading}

This was a little tricky.  The layers are set to cut in porportion to the base layer, which on this cart is the card shape.  So when I told the machine to cut it 4" it actually looked about 1.5".  I used the REAL DIAL button to cut the tree out {4"} but when I went to cut the layers for the tree tops, they also cut at a REAL 4" ....too big!  So, trial and error, I ended up cutting this image at 8" which in real size is 4"

I used TPC and AC for the solid colors, ECHO PARK for the green tree top.  I liked how the pink looks like berries or flowers in the tree




I added some bakers twine to the tree swing
Sentiment is Studio G


Thanks for stopping by today!


Don't forget to visit on Saturday for the Blog Hop
Details are above



Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenna said...

this is awesome! I will def have to pick up some of their paper!

Sonya said...

Love it--perfection!

Anonymous said...

love this card....

L.B. said...

I think this card really showcases that awesome paper!!

Michele Gross said...

Love this! Your little twine swing is adorable!! LOVE The way you layered the patterns for the tree, the little peekaboo apple shapes are really clever!