Thursday, December 16, 2010

Origami Flower Ball - Kusudama



This is the first project I did with the glue that Beacon Adhesives sent me.  When I was in Salt Lake for the Cricut Swarm in October, a bunch of us Circlets went to this great scrapbooking store (can't remember the name).  Above the register they had a bunch of these beautiful balls hanging and I wanted to give it a try.  The cashier gave me these instructions. I have to warn you that it does take patients and some time. 

Materials:
60 pieces of square papers  (I used 4x4)
paperclips (to hold folds together while glue is glueing)
Stickles
Zip Dry Glue
Ribbon
Hole Punch
I am going ot give you just a few tips and the instructions you can print off and give it a try...

To make one flower you need 5 petals - 5 square pieces.  For each ball, you need 12 flowers, so you'll need 60 squares.

Use the paperclips to hold the petals/folds together while the glue dries. 
I had several handy so I could keep going.

This is the start of my ball with three flowers put together

And this is the back of the three flowers. I glue the flowers with the petals back to back
and after a few you'll be able to fit the flowers together, like a puzzle.

I learned that it would be easier to stickle each flower before assembling the ball.  After you assemble each flower, stickle the center and it will dry by the time you finish the next flower.  Repeat this each time...

Below is the start of my next flower ball.  You can use all sorts of different patterns and colors.  I think these would be great to make for flower girls for a wedding.  Or instead of making a ball you can arrange it to create a circle with a hole in the middle for a candle - like a wreath.  The possibilities are endless!! 



 Good luck and we would love to see what you create if you choose to take on this project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For most up-to-date information you have to visit internet
and on world-wide-web I found this web page as a finest website for most recent updates.

http://tradelinkmedianetwork.com/jcow/blogs/viewstory/6055
My blog : masonville